mark asked in HealthMental Health · 9 months ago

What things can I do to reduce my risk of developing Alzheimer’s? When I’m at a very high genetic risk (read description).?

I am at a high genetic risk for Alzheimer’s almost everyone on my mom and dads side of the family develops it. What things can I do to prevent it?

The medical community is split on the idea of Alzheimer's Disease is genetic and inherited. Many feel it may be a result of what you are exposed to in a lifetime (heavy metals, etc.) Others believe that not "using" your brain often enough can cause it to develop the plaque that causes Alzheimer's.

If I were in your shoes, I would work toward optimum physical, dietary and mental/emotional health.

Engage in activities that encourage the use of your cognition such as playing cards, games, writing or socializing.

• Andy C

Seriously? Give up sugar and other sources of fructose like HFCS, honey, nectar, juice, molasses, maple syrup and white flour products (most breads, crackers and pastas).

We're talking regular consumption, not once or twice a week.

Same thing goes for alcohol, trans fats (Crisco, margarine and fake cheese) and branched chain amino acids from corn fed animal products.

Yes, it costs $$ to eat so you aren't killing yourself. Some country.

Alzheimer's has been shown to be directly related to the function (or for most dysfunction) of the liver.

Source(s): Don't take my word for it. "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D.