How can I get my parents to trust me?

Hi I m 13 years old (I will be 14 in February), and I have developed an interest in firearms and I think it would be fun for me to learn gun safety and shoot at targets, (I have no interest in going hunting for animals.) I am also a female and all adults think that girls and some boys MY AGE are weak little... show more Hi I m 13 years old (I will be 14 in February), and I have developed an interest in firearms and I think it would be fun for me to learn gun safety and shoot at targets, (I have no interest in going hunting for animals.) I am also a female and all adults think that girls and some boys MY AGE are weak little babies that can t do anything. How can I convince my parents to let me go shoot targets and are their any gun safety classes for kids my age? I really hate being 13 and not being allowed to do anything. I have not been actually out of the house or to a friend s house since the third grade! My parents are very strict, I am not in trouble right now, but I do get into trouble often for little things! I am grateful, but I don t get to have fun or do things that other kids are allowed to do. How can I convince my parents that I just want to go shooting, and I am NOT planning to shoot up a school, lol.
8 answers 8