Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 months ago

Why do feminists who troll men online with #AllMenAreTrash and #KillAllMen  expect to be taken seriously ?

On the same wavelength as the 14 year old edgelords that make Twitter accounts called "HiterLove69" and say inflammatory things about certain races and women and LGBT people because he thinks his being edgy and funny yet everyone with a brain looks at them and laugh at how pathetic they are. No one takes these people seriously... yet feminists who act like this expect everyone to take them seriously 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I can't take anyone seriously that thinks in absolutes like that, it feels the same to me as a young child throwing a fit. Not saying the feelings, thoughts, and frustrations aren't important or real...just so many are going about expressing them in the wrong way.

• 5 months ago

Do any feminists troll men online with #AllMenAreTrash and #KillAllMen? Bet you can't name two. They don't convey any feminist messages. In fact, they seem to be tweeted almost exclusively by anti-feminist complaining about them.

For a couple years now, I've asked people who ask questions association #KillAllMen with feminists to show me an example where any identified feminist used #KillAllMen. But so far, nobody has been able to come up with even one single instance.

Bet you can't either, Trilby.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

A men’s group gets labeled a hate group for not promoting women be advantaged while thousands of feminists promoting #KillAllMen is overall considered acceptable. Welcome to gynocentrism.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Actually, people have taken "HitlerLove69" seriously. Without him and his kind, broader internet culture would be vastly different. Probably less miserable.

Men get to be taken seriously even when ridiculous.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Q
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

They don't. They are trolls, as you say. Trolls are motivated by a desire to hurt people's feelings and create social disorder. They aren't expecting to be taken seriously. They are expecting to hurt your feelings. Choose wisely the content you choose to spend your precious time on.

When discussing or researching any topic, its best to ignore the trolls. Engage with feminists who aren't trolls. Martha Nussbaum and bell hooks certainly don't troll twitter with this garbage.

• 5 months ago

Feminists say they are equal to men, then turn around and say men are pigs. I don't get it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.