Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 months ago

Am I being Selfish?

Hi everyone so I have a younger cousin named Nico who is having a birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse on Wednesday September 25th. He will be turning 10 years old. I don’t really want to go because I don’t want to spend my money for dinner. I work a minimum wage job that doesn’t pay a lot and I am a full time student with a car payment and phone bill of $170 a month combined. I have been trying to save money by not going out to eat and eating at home instead. I feel I don’t owe my aunt any explanation for why I don’t want to go and feel as if I am invited then I shouldn’t have to pay for dinner. I could understand if I made plans and invited her to dinner but she invited me. My mom even thinks I don’t owe any explanation sorry this is long. I am just so tired of my money going so fast when I have no control of it. I have all this other bullshit to pay for and worry about too.

Just tell them sorry you can't make it and it's nothing personal you just can't afford it right now. You don't really owe them that but if you were invited it's rude to just not show up.

Nope not at all

Just getting something real cheap if that's how u feel

• audrey

You are not required to go. But sometimes when people invite you, they pay. Btw, you need to find a way to cut that phone bill. That's way out of line.

No, you're being practical. Next question?

No, but did they specify you have to pay for yourself?