Am I being Selfish?

Hi everyone so I have a younger cousin named Nico who is having a birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse on Wednesday September 25th. He will be turning 10 years old. I don’t really want to go because I don’t want to spend my money for dinner. I work a minimum wage job that doesn’t pay a lot and I am a full time... show more Hi everyone so I have a younger cousin named Nico who is having a birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse on Wednesday September 25th. He will be turning 10 years old. I don’t really want to go because I don’t want to spend my money for dinner. I work a minimum wage job that doesn’t pay a lot and I am a full time student with a car payment and phone bill of $170 a month combined. I have been trying to save money by not going out to eat and eating at home instead. I feel I don’t owe my aunt any explanation for why I don’t want to go and feel as if I am invited then I shouldn’t have to pay for dinner. I could understand if I made plans and invited her to dinner but she invited me. My mom even thinks I don’t owe any explanation sorry this is long. I am just so tired of my money going so fast when I have no control of it. I have all this other bullshit to pay for and worry about too.
6 answers 6