promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 8 months ago

How unsafe is it to use wifi on a plane?

I read about how hackers can get your info if you use wifi on a plane, is this true? So I guess Im gonna be bored the entire time on a plane now?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Insecure Wi-Fi Can Host Viruses This could allow outside hackers to access the plane's systems or even to air traffic control. so some airlines do not allow wifi in plane.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

If only someone would invent a way of carrying a book or game onto a plane that didn't need the Internet ...

• 8 months ago

As someone else mentioned, it is about as safe as any public wifi.

Going forward, if you really need internet access, then make sure you have an updated internet security suite which includes firewall/filtering services.

Ideally, if you want to be safe then a good book is the option I use when I travel.

• 8 months ago

If you want to play it safe, just don't use the internet.  There are other things to do on the plane such as take a nap, read the in-flight magazine or use the in-flight entertainment system.  It is nice to disconnect from the internet sometimes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

It's just as safe as going to any public wifi

• 8 months ago

No, they are generally on closed networks.

• 8 months ago

Free wifi is dangerus because it`s an easy way to hack your device.

• trailblazer
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

airline wifi is rarely free, and you generally you are on a closed network.

• Da
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

Hackers can get your info anywhere.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You don't need to access the internet when flying.   Read a book.  Sleep.

How long is your flight??   1 hour??  2 hours??   14 Hours??

12 to 16 hour flights like from Australia to San Francisco.   that's three movies and a bit of sleep.

• 8 months ago

Read a book, download a movie on your tablet or laptop before you leave home, talk to your companions, do the crossword puzzle in the airline magazine, read a magazine, sleep, do some work, write a story, write a letter to a friend (you do know what the post office is, right?) You won't die from a couple of hours without wifi.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.