Caroline asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 months ago

Is this a period or the aftermath of going to ER last week to discover ruptured cyst?

I ve had a history of ovarian cysts through out my life. I am in my early 30's. Almost 6 years ago I had a tubal ligation. (I wish I would have have chosen a different method, but different story for another day.)

Anywho, I forced myself last week after being on my hands and knees for about 7 hrs, to get out to the car and be driven to the ER while undergoing crippling pain. After being there for several hours and about a bag and a half of fluids and 6 different shots later, a CT scan was done to answer questions. Turns out in the end I had gotten a stomach virus that has been going around which "put unnecessary pressure" on my lower abdomen which caused a cyst to rupture. And the doctor said there is "A lot" of cysts on my right ovary.

I had never been in so much pain in all my life. I previously the month before had 2 periods in 1 month. Putting me at 26 days in between. With history of late periods/no periods. But In the past year or so, its been predicatable 28-31 days.

So, 2 periods last month. A ruptured cyst, and now Idk if this is an earlier period putting me at 24 days or signs of something serious. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I have an appointment next week but still in constant pain and kinda worried because this is nowhere near normal for my body. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.