Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 8 months ago

I don’t like my sisters boyfriend??? Help?

My sister and her boyfriend have been together for 4 years, I am really close with my sister and always have been but from day 1 her boyfriend has never made any effort to try get along with me. At the start I never had any issue with him. Later down the line he was mistreating my sister really badly, lieing, yelling, using, doing drugs/drinking but my sister still stayed. We have had a lot of arguments over the years because he has a really bad temper. Fast forward to now, I am 19 and still live with my parents as I have recently got out of a relationship but my sister and her boyfriend are 23/24 and live with my parents and he has been living here for 4 years and he has never paid rent for my parents or helped out. I feel like they free load they both have jobs and use my parents home to smoke weed. I get sick of it as I feel like I am always cleaning up after them and I get upset that my mum is struggling aswel. I wish I could be close with my sisters boyfriend but he has done a lot of hurtful things and I just know that it’ll never happen. What do I do?

just stay away from him then

Think about this one -- it's your MOM'S HOME and it's her fault he's living there, not paying rent. Your mom has enabled both your sister and her boyfriend to live there scott-free and make a big mess.

Why are you cleaning up after them? I wouldn't. That's ridiculous.

Nothing.

I'm sorry to tell you, and not to offend you, but you do not own the house.

You do not pay the money for the house, your parents have to pay the bill. If they don't complain about it, then you cannot do anything about it.

Only the parents, or your sister herself can get the boyfriend to leave, but besides that you cannot do anything about it.

It is not your personal decision to make.

If I was your sister I'd be offended, by you complaining about my boyfriend.

It is not your personal business, unless he physically assaults your sister or a bad violent argument ensues.

You shouldn't be worried about anything unless the relationship becomes violent.

Like I said if i was your sister, I would be offended at you complaining about my boyfriend.