Would you have another baby just because you felt you had to?

-You plan on having just one baby but people judge you for it.

-You have no desire for another baby at all.In fact,the only reason you would have another baby is simply to avoid your other baby being an only child.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Nathan
    Lv 4
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, I'd only have a baby if I wanted to. People are very ignorant, and lone children do just fine so there's no requirement to have one

• 5 months ago

I would not have another child based on anyone else's opinion but mine and my husband's.

• 5 months ago

I would never have another baby unless I wanted to. And my reasoning to do so is personal, so I need not share it with anyone.

Regardless of what anyone else thinks.

• GB
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

There was pressure from others to have a second child, but we did not try for a second, as we agreed to just have one. Someone said 'When you die, it will be nicer for your child to have a sibling.' I said that sooner or later, one of them would be on their own, unless they die at the same time.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Who the hell judges another person for having only one child or for having any number of children they want to have?

I don't know what kind of people you know, but they are overstepping boundaries and are intruding.

There's nothing wrong with having an only child, if that's what you want. Or no kids, or 10. Your life your choices. Stop listening to idiots.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. I did have two because I wanted two, but I'm an only child and being an only child is fine. It's also a LOT more common these days than when I was a kid growing up. I still had friends who were only children even then, but most often it was due to circumstance rather than intentional choice (ie, mom had a very difficult birth, parents got divorced early on, the child was a "surprise" later in life pregnancy, kid had a sibling but they died young, dad was secretly gay and only got married and had a kid to hide that fact, etc). Nowadays there are plenty of intentionally "one and done" families, which I think is great and a perfectly acceptable and valid way to build a family.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Some people just know when they aren't done yet.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If someone thinks like this then it is clear they are way too immature to even have one child. A mature adult does not live their life because people judge them.

• 5 months ago

No, it's not anyone's choice or business other than the parents.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.