Chemical burn?

I really need help. I tried an at home chemical peel and it went too deep and revealed the pink layer under my skin which makes me think it is a chemical burn.

Please what can I do to recover from this?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

You see a doctor asap before dermatitis sets in. Which it surely will.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

If this was on your leg I'd give you instructions for at home wound care. But since this is on your face, seek medical attention for guidance on avoiding scarring.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

You may have to visit an e.r.  This is exactly WHY such things are best left to pros with training. 

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

that sounds awful........................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Shay
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

First of all, if  you have not done so already, rinse the area completely with warm water (not hot) for at least ten minutes.  You want to be sure that ALL the chemical has been removed from your skin so that the irritation does not continue.

Next, you can use any cream or ointment on the area that says it can be used to treat a burn.  A chemical burn really isn't that much different than the burn you would get if you touched a hot pan from your oven.  In either type of burn, you have damaged the skin and you can use the same kind of ointments to help heal the skin.

Personally, I usually use Neosporin.

I work in a factory that makes chemical products and I have had a few chemical burns in the past.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.