Megan asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 months ago

How much should someone pay me to shop and make meals for them? (Mainly just make their dinners)?

Alright, so I’m making dinners for this woman 1-3 times a week, and she wants to know how much to pay me for labor. I don’t want to be rude to say a high price but I also don’t want too low of one. She put it on me to say how much she should pay, but I have no idea. For the record these are all keto dinners, so they arnt exactly fast and easy to do. Thoughts?

Favorite Answer

If it takes about an hour, and there is no travel time or expense, $10 - $12 is in the ballpark in a relatively rural area. Double that in NY or LA.

Keto dinners aren't difficult to make.... not sure why you think they are. I have been doing Keto for a matter of years and i eat whole, healthy foods. Fatty meats (beef, chicken thighs for examples), fresh cooked or fresh raw vegetables. I eat cheese in moderation, i eat dill pickles, olives.

It's pretty fast cooking up a steak and tossing a salad together. Or making scrambled eggs with a side of sausage or steak or a little bacon.

You should have figured this all out, before starting this agreement. --------- With that said, many grocery stores deliver food right to one's door, but I would charge no more than minimum wage in your area if you are just a basic cook. But if you are an experienced chef with quality skills (and if she has the money) then you could charge more.

• Megan10 months agoReport

Actually haven’t started yet, thanks!