does anybody else rarely make macorini and cheese because its so expensive?

colby jack cheese, sharp cheddar, mild cheddar, mozarella.. then the milk creme eggs.. yeah.. its a special occassion meal for sure

yeah i need 4 different kinds for MY TASTE buds. i like soul food mac and cheese not that bland crap

• Anton

Huh? Expensive? Where in the world are you where food is "so expensive."

Pasta is $1/lb, sharp cheddar is $6/lb, milk is $2.65/gallon, last I got eggs they were $.79/dozen.

Since you already gave best answer you probably will not see this but...

For a selection of cheeses I go to the deli counter and ask if they have "cheese ends" They are the chunks of cheese that are small so they can not be put through the slicer safely. They will bag up a bunch of them for you and the ends are pretty inexpensive. I usually get 4 or 5 different cheeses in the bag so my Mac-N-Cheese NEVER tastes the same but it is always good and always cheesy!

For about the last year I have noticed that Kraft Dinner doesn't taste the same as it used to. For a while I just thought I had gotten a few boxes that had gone bad, but this can't be the case. The noodles are thin, stringy, and fall apart when boiling and the water gets all white and starchy. The sauce smells rancid and is a weird color. When mixing the noodles, milk, butter, and sauce it all sticks together in a congealed goopy mass. The taste is the worst part though. It's bland, doesn't taste like cheese, and becomes a paste in your mouth that doesn't even require chewing.

• Clive

What is macorini and why would you put crème eggs in it?

I guess that's why one generally sees it served in only the finest restaurants.

You don't need 4 kinds of cheese in the mac and cheese. And you don't need much cheese to make it cheesy. And you don't need milk and cream. And you don't need eggs.