On the quiz show Jeopardy, during the halftime break Alex Trebek asks each 3 contestants about their life. What if they don't want to talk?

Alex Trebek always likes to have a little chat with each contestant during the game. What if a contestant has severe social anxiety or some other condition where they do not feel comfortable talking during the break? Will Alex skip that person during the chat? Has this ever happened before?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Best answer

Those chats are not impromptu.  The producers ask the contestants in advance what they're going to say and will provide the hosts information and sometimes even a script to make it SEEM like a natural exchange, but it's not.

Plus, the whole thing is taped.  If something goes weird, they just reshoot.

• 2 months ago

I remember years ago he asked one lady "tell us something interesting about yourself." She replied "I've never had a cup of coffee in my life." He said "not sure that counts as interesting but thank you."

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

The one you are talking about would recite a prepared statement seeming to answer the question . It would be staged and Trebek would go along with that .

• Brian
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

That is mostly stage. They know what the question or what they will chat about beforehand.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

All contestants are screened and briefed before the show goes on.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.