My friends and family dont support me in recovery? I feel lonely what should I do?

I'm 16, almost 17. I've been struggling with bulimia since I was 13.

I'm trying to recover, but it feels so hard. I don't really have a support group to be there for me.

I'm seeing a therapist, a nutritionist, and my doctor. Which is helpful, but none of my friends or family are supportive.

My friends make jokes about how I don't eat.

My dad just yells at me because the food I binge on cost a lot of money.

My step mom doesn't really want to talk about it and thinks it's stupid. ( At a point she was encouraging me to take laxative teas and stuff for weightloss, but once I became underweight she didn't want me to anymore? Idk how she feels about it )

My other family members don't really talk to me much, my brother makes fun of me because I apparently " lost too much weight and look gross " in his opinion.

I feel so lonely, I tried to talk to my school counselor about it but she said my eating disorder wasn't serious enough unless I didn't eat for a week.

It feels like nobody is putting in much effort to help me, I think it's because I'm gaining because of my meal plan I got from my therapist but I don't know.

I'm 5'1 and 2 weeks ago when I weighed myself I was 88lbs, but my nutritionist said I am not allowed to weigh myself anymore so I don't know how fat I've gotten. I'm guessing 97-ish but I could be wrong. Not sure.

It makes me wonder that if my family and friends don't want to help, should I just lose weight until I look thin enough for them to want to help me?

Young lady, I care about you and you do not need to injure yourself. Loosing weight to get attention is not love. But perhaps the closest thing you have felt like love is. God loves you. Talk to Him about all your problems - He will show you that He cares for you. And as He cares for you - You will start caring for your family and it will draw you together as a family.

Look into overeaters anonymous or bulimia support groups. It’s surprising your therapist or doctor hasn’t suggested it. It’s understandable your family isn’t supportive, bc they don’t understand it, as this is often typical.

Hey 😊 Changes can be scary. I know. And most times when we make big changes, our peers struggle to get on board. I mean, you made a big decision to get healthier and better because you were suffering, and they don't always see the reasons why. This is tough on you and they don't always see that!

So I offer you my advice, but call it "tough love". Cause it's a little different from other advice but i can tell you this works.

Forgive them and don't hold it against them. Don't allow their responses to make you isolate yourself - it'll make YOU really lonely. They just don't understand you. Don't think that they don't love you.

Then, i know its against this whole idea but if you ever need to talk, just thow a comment my way 😁

Don't worry! You are stressed so you think like this.once read the lesson " on the face of it " written by Susan hill.it will help you to mentally fight with it . To fight physically you must wake up 4: 00 clock in morning and go for walk or race you should think of becoming althelte and workout accordingly eat vegetables more and only healthy food which doctors refer. You use your comments as fuel to recover from it.

You just don't overthink so much . I am saying you will get out of this one day.

Your 97 pound weight is a nice weight for 5'1" - and you could even weigh 115 and still look good.