Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Is a 16-17 year old old enough to make basic decisions regarding issues such as study habits and what clothes they wear?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Best answer

They'd better be old enough to decide what to wear, for sure. Considering that in another year or two they'll be legal adults and either off to college or entering the workplace. Studying is a kid's job, at least until they become adults. And the sooner kids learn to treat it like a job, the better. Time management is a skill they will need and use their entire lives.

• 2 months ago

Yes, it is their life. If they want to be drop out hoes they can.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

What religion? Islam allows ten year olds to do these things. Education is up to the individual.

• 2 months ago

By those ages, our girls were well able to make appropriate decisions about what to wear, and owned their study habits and grades.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

if a 17 year old can choose what clothes they wear I’m afraid you gave birth to a tard

• 2 months ago

some can.....................

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Do you mean there should be no rules - wrong.

There must be some level of parental guidance and parental control.

The average teenager doesn't make good choices.  (there are exceptions and each parent can decide what level of rules and guidance their teen needs)

• But 16-17 IS more than old enough to make your own decisions about basic things like what clothes you wear, and if you disagree, you’re wrong and retarded.

• 2 months ago

It depends on the 16-17 year old.  If I had a kid that age, I'd hope he/she was mature and stable enough to make his/her own decisions about such things.  I would think most kids that age are mature enough.  But you know, some aren't!

• 2 months ago

Yes. I feel as they can and will make those such decisions and you should let them try for themselves.

• Tomalochk
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

They could possibly get it wrong though and then what ?

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would hope so. if they want to pass high school and go to college.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.