Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 10 months ago

Is it essential to get along with all colleagues? What if some do not like you?

• .

This isn't high school. You need to realize that not everyone will like you. Just do your job.

"Getting along with" doesn't mean being friends with. If there's somebody with a bad attitude, being professional means being civil towards this person whether you like the person or not. Otherwise you can get a reputation as a troublemaker, which is not good for your career.

Remember what Marcus Aurelius said - it's all about cooperation.

"Begin the morning by saying to yourself, I will meet with the busybody, the ungrateful, arrogant, deceitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen by reason of their ignorance of what is good and evil. But I who have seen the nature of the good that it is beautiful, and of the bad that it is ugly, and the nature of him who does wrong, that it is akin to me, not of the same blood or seed, but that it participates in the same intelligence and the same portion of the divinity, I can neither be injured by any of them, for no one can fix on me what is ugly, nor can I be angry with my kinsman, nor hate him, for we are made for cooperation."

Secretly do something to them, like offering to bring them coffee and pee in the coffee

• God

Work isn't a beauty contest. You can work with people you don't like.

• keerok

Not really but you are encouraged to form bonds with even just a few.