promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How do I wash a dog that hates water?

I have a dog and he has a fear of water. I hardly wash him which kills me since I want him to be clean. How do I get rid of that fear, and how do I wash him?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Ramiro
    Lv 5
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

Make the water warm...it will cause a sense of relaxation to the creature and eventually win it over. Avoid scented shampoo! They hate this. Aroma free they love. Massage the dog while your at it. They love to be pampered 🐕 🐕

• Iva
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

PUT THE DOG AT ITS HABIT!!!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

Use warm water that is comfortable. Make the wash more like a massage. Best place to wash your dog is the kitchen sink. Just don't tell your friends.

• ricky
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Forget about his fear, put him into a tub or get a water hose. Wash him and then rinse and repeat. Most dogs don’t like getting baths. The more you bath him, the easier it gets. But he will always try to avoid it. Warm water in a tub up to his belly. Big scoop handy for rinsing. A harness for you to hold on to. Soft encouragement with a hearty yippee for completing his ordeal. Just do it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

I wanted to respond with a silly answer like take away his water bowl and see how much he hates it then? That seemed harsh though, lol. I would just keep giving him a bath until he starts to get used to it.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

use warm water instead of cold water and do it indoor.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.