How do I wash a dog that hates water?

I have a dog and he has a fear of water. I hardly wash him which kills me since I want him to be clean. How do I get rid of that fear, and how do I wash him?

• Ramiro

Make the water warm...it will cause a sense of relaxation to the creature and eventually win it over. Avoid scented shampoo! They hate this. Aroma free they love. Massage the dog while your at it. They love to be pampered 🐕 🐕

• Iva

PUT THE DOG AT ITS HABIT!!!

Use warm water that is comfortable. Make the wash more like a massage. Best place to wash your dog is the kitchen sink. Just don't tell your friends.

• ricky

Forget about his fear, put him into a tub or get a water hose. Wash him and then rinse and repeat. Most dogs don’t like getting baths. The more you bath him, the easier it gets. But he will always try to avoid it. Warm water in a tub up to his belly. Big scoop handy for rinsing. A harness for you to hold on to. Soft encouragement with a hearty yippee for completing his ordeal. Just do it.

I wanted to respond with a silly answer like take away his water bowl and see how much he hates it then? That seemed harsh though, lol. I would just keep giving him a bath until he starts to get used to it.

use warm water instead of cold water and do it indoor.