promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

how can i tell if i’m pregnant?

okay, so i had unprotected sex six days ago and i’ve felt basically normal. i’ve had cramps, spotting and bloating here and there and my period isn’t supposed to start for another week and a half. it’s to early for most tests to give me an accurate result and i can’t afford a child right now so is there anyway to actually tell at this stage?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

You wouldn't be getting any symptoms this early on. The egg wouldn't have fertilized yet. You have to wait until at least 6 days before your period is due to use an early detection pregnancy test, like First Response.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Even if an egg had been fertilized 6 days ago, you wouldn't be having ANY "pregnancy symptoms" this soon..

Six days after having unprotected sex, you wouldn't even BE pregnant yet. It's going to take about 10 days after an egg is fertilized before it implants into the lining of the uterus and establishes a pregnancy. Until (and unless) that happens, you are NOT pregnant.

Your FIRST "symptom" of a suspected pregnancy is ALWAYS going to be if your period is late. If your next expected period is overdue by at least one week, take a pregnancy test; and not before. The "early detection" pregnancy tests are not all that reliable, no matter what their makers claim.

• MissA
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Nope, you'll need to wait.

• John P
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Take a pregnancy test at least 2 weeks after having sex. 6 days after sex you might be 1 day pregnant. Nothing in the way of bodily symptoms can tell you if you are just a few days pregnant - some women do not get much bodily indication for a month, even two months. Go to a sexual health clinic and get all the info about sex and pregnancy etc which your school failed to give you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

You can't tell until you miss your period.

There are NO reliable symptoms at six days after sex.

In fact, it can take as long as five days after sex before conception even happens.  Sperm can live for up to five days inside you, so if you had not ovulated yet, you can conceive on a day you did not have sex.

Since it sounds like you didn't take plan b, your only choice now is to wait to see if your period happens.

And remember - every possible early "pregnancy" symptom can happen for other reasons, so until you actually have a positive test, any symptoms you might get mean nothing at all.  

• 8 months ago

There are no symptoms 6 days after sex.

Whatever you think you're feeling is in your mind.

You might not even be pregnant after 6 days.

You can wait for a late period than take a test.

• 8 months ago

Your logic is correct. Its too early to tell. So basically wait another week and see if you miss your period. What you could do is buy condoms and the next time someone wants to have sex, he either wears it or no sex..... Since you will be buying them, buy the ones which are labeled "for her pleasure" That is the price for you having to supply them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.