I want a dog so badly, and my mom will not let me get it?

I've been begging for a dog my whole life. There are 6 people in my family total. Me and everyone else in my family would be okay with a dog. My mom is the only one against the idea. I'm 24 years old now, I've finished schooling, I have a stable job that would allow me to afford a pet, I am responsible.... show more I've been begging for a dog my whole life. There are 6 people in my family total. Me and everyone else in my family would be okay with a dog. My mom is the only one against the idea. I'm 24 years old now, I've finished schooling, I have a stable job that would allow me to afford a pet, I am responsible. I feel that everyone in my family would benefit from a dog. Dogs promote happiness and health! Something my whole family could use right now. My mothers excuse for not getting a dog is that is a liability for our family business, an in-home day care. I see her point but I don't plan on getting a big dog nor a rowdy or dangerous one. Also, our house is big enough that we could easily keep the dog out of the business area if she wishes. I'm thinking of just going behind her back and getting one, but I think the betrayal would make his disown me lol and her exact words were "if you bring a dog home I will make it disappear". Is the joy of a dog worth the risk of angering my mother?
Update: None of you live in California, huh? lol
Update 2: Also, cannot move out due to cultural reasons. Parents are Asian.