Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 5 months ago

I’m going to legally change my name. How do I choose a name?

My parents named me Unyque and didn’t give me a middle name. I’m turning 18 soon and I will legally change my name to something common and normal. So far I’m having my friends call me different names and see which ones I like best, but am wondering if anyone has any other ideas. Name suggestions are also welcome.

Update:

I want to legally change it and have it as far away from my name as possible.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Vicki
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Samantha, Miranda, Michelle, Kerry, Karen, Megan, Serena.

• 5 months ago

Wow your name is so not unique! Change it immediately! Are you black? It sounds like a black ghetto trashy name.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Don't really blame you, your parents really set you up for this kind of blow back, so you can go several ways ways, an name that keeps your initial like Una or a name that means new like Nova or maybe a queen's name for the fact that you make the rules: Eleanor, Margaret, Elizabeth, Mary, Jane, Anne, Noor, Marie, Luisa, etc Would also definitely add a middle name.

• 5 months ago

Josephine.

________

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Choose something that's close or sounds similar to your name, like Nicole or Veronica

• 5 months ago

Nikki - not totally unlike your current name, but nothing to cause comment.

• PR
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Why don't you just choose a nickname similar to your name such as:

Uni; Nikki; Nika.

Nicole might be a good choice since it is similar to your own name. Wait a bit since many teenagers question their name and then discover they actually like it.

• Moya
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Amelia

Kate

Isabelle

Scarlet

Jessica

• 5 months ago

first will need to know if is a unisex name ,you forgot to tell us if you were female or male.let me help you .If your female try if you like : Debbie,Marggie,Bella,Perla,Melanie,Marjulie,Milly,Shary,and I wish mines were Destiny!

• 5 months ago

Get a list of popular names on the internet. My favorite female name is Madelaine.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.