Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 5 months ago

I have to get an ultrasound on my bladder. Do they have to shove anything in me? I've never had an ultrasound before....?

I'm a virgin. Never had anything...there. That's why I'm asking. I'm scared.

Your bladder and your vagina are different holes. It wont hurt, but may be unpleasant

• patty

an ultrasound is done on the outside of the body nothing goes inside.

• Sam5 months agoReport

My sister had to get some big plastic thing shoved inside her for an ultrasound. That's why I was confused

• Ann

Being a virgin has nothing to do with your bladder. An ultrasound means you will have a listening device moved over your abdominal area in the region of where your bladder is. If you have a cystoscopy, then that would involve putting a probe with a tiny camera inside the bladder. Again, it is not the same opening that involves your being a virgin. Ultrasounds are not painful.

No, they move a high frequency listening device over the skin.

I've had a camera probe right up inside, even that was not "scary", although not enjoyable. 🙄

• Sam5 months agoReport

I'm getting that done too. She said that wouldnt hurt