Should I give it a try? I met this guy. He is a single dad of 3. Everything sounds good. But few things bother me.?
Should I give it a try? I met this guy. He is a single dad of 3. Everything sounds good. But few things bother me.
1 . He said he is smoking weed every night and drink some times. When i asked him he said it doesn't affect him. And he enjoys it. Question I have is does it smell when smoking weed . Is this a harmless activity or something to be woried about.
2. I am a single mom of 2 year old daughter and he have 3 boys ( age 7,10, 16) . Will this be problem. I don't know how children will get along. Please share experience with blended family.
May be question sounds stupid. I asked since I am not a very social person. Also I was bought up in a very strict home. My parents were very strict. I didnt have any friends. Also parents arranged a marriage for me and it didnt worked out. Fortunately my parents were kind enough to let me get a divorce other than suffering my whole life in unhappy marriage.
And i am looking someone. Chances of finding someone in my culture is very low. Dating is a new concept for me.
- Dr. StephanieLv 79 months agoFavourite answer
1. Marijhuana is NOT harmless. It is addictive and can even cause genetic damage to one's DNA, passed down to offspring. And yes, it has a distinctive odor, when smoked, which many find repugnant (except the addict). If he is using on a daily basis, chances are good that he is indeed addicted. And even if not, it is a lifestyle that you may or may not wish to participate in. Further, how would you feel about this behavior being modeled for your child?
2. Blended families are challenging at best. Every family handles it differently. Chances are better when the children are youngest. But issues do arise: for example, how would each of you feel about your partner disciplining your child?The fact that he has three children already, and at a very young age, raises questions about his maturity level, his ability to support them, and why he brought them into the world in a relationship that didn't last.
Your questions aren't stupid at all. Its unfortunate that you were in an arranged marriage that failed, but that wasn't of your choice or making.
But this time,you do have choices. And I think this particular person would be a very bad one. Good luck and good wishes,
- 9 months ago
He's setting a bad example for your children . If you marry a drug addict, your children will have to be drug addicts .? "Will his children and my children get along ?" is an important question . Sometimes your romantic partner's children and your children are a good fit, and sometimes they aren't . You're asking sopme questions that need to be asked . Do you know anybody you can discuss them with ?
- 9 months ago
Weed stinks to high heaven!
And, no, this is not something that should be smoked around children, just like you shouldn't be comfortable with people smoking cigarettes around your children.
I think the weed fumes have already gotten to you to be asking questions you should have known the answers to for decades.
Were you home-schooled?
- K S LallLv 79 months ago
You sound desi. If that is the case, go and join an ashram.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- loverLv 49 months ago
find some normal
- Anonymous9 months ago
dump that loser. he's a pothead junkie. marijuana destroys your brain and serves as a gateway drug to crack heroin and lsd. certainly you can find some guy that's clean and sober.
and you don't want that pothead around your kids. who knows what he might to do them when he's high and stoned out of his mind having hallucinations. and he'll set a bad example and will get your kids hooked on dope too.
- Anonymous9 months ago
I would rather be alone with my children than be with this loser you talk of, smoking weed every night and drinking. Move on and do NOT lower your standards just because of your "culture".
- RickLv 79 months ago
Yes, you can smell the weed someone is smoking. If he enjoys it that means he's a bit drunk and/or stoned and yes it affects him to some degree. I drink each night so I understand this and can relate to what he feels. I have anxiety struggles and drinking helps me with them - it takes the edge off. Maybe he's the same way.
No, it's not harmless especially over time. I drink each day and my boss smokes weed each night and I hear him coughing each day.
Blended families are a struggle, to be honest. When my mother died and I went to live with my father and step-mother it was a challenge. We found a way to make it work though, so it can work out.
None of your questions are stupid. You're smart to be asking them.
"Chances of finding someone in my culture is very low."
Why is that? Are you disabled? I know in many cultures this makes it very hard for a woman to find a man.
- Coach SimonLv 79 months ago
Three children can make things complicated; mother making demands, disagreements over access, holidays, etc. Your main focus has to be your daughter, obviously.
- YYYZZ 2Lv 79 months ago
Stay clear. Smoking weed and drinking means he has no control over his emotions.
- Brandon CLv 59 months ago
I personally wouldn't do it. I have zero issues with people who smoke weed now and then. However, I would not want to be around it all the time. Nor would I want to deal with a single person with three kids, way too much baggage for me. But to each their own, if you want give it a whirl you obviously have nothing standing in your way.