Do property management places charge way more money to remodel a vacancy?

I hired a management company to deal with getting my old house ready to rent so I wouldn't have to be bothered. I just about fell over when they gave me the estimate of what their handymen would charge. The place does need a lot of work, but I couldn't believe it would cost $25,000.00. I asked if they had... show more I hired a management company to deal with getting my old house ready to rent so I wouldn't have to be bothered. I just about fell over when they gave me the estimate of what their handymen would charge. The place does need a lot of work, but I couldn't believe it would cost $25,000.00. I asked if they had any others to send to give estimates & they said no. So, I started interviewing others myself. I now am having the work done & even more work done than the management place handymen were going to do. It's going to cost between $10,000 to $11,000.00. Big difference in prices!!! Do property management companies do this & get themselves a big kick back? I would have paid out $15,000.00 more & the work wouldn't have even been done. Now it will be done inside & outside as it needs to be. I wish now I hadn't hired this management company, but now I stuck with them until next August. I shouldn't have been the one having to find someone. It caused me to miss work & stressed me out.