Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

I didn't get a blood test for nearly 10 years and I'm 25. Is it dangerous?

i didn’t have any health issues in this 10 years and before that my blood test was fine. Recently I had heart palpitations and felt very anxious so I went to a cardiologist. He said my heart has no problem it’s just anxiety. I want to get a blood test but I’m afraid of doing it, I'm afraid of its results actually. I’m afraid of having diabetes, liver diseases, high cholesterol and even afraid of having blood cancer because I’ve heard chronic leukemia doesn’t have symptoms at early stages and it get diagnosed by routine blood tests.

I agree with most of these posts..But I have to say sorry to do it, but david b said early detection, I'm not saying it doesn't help. but I 'm in a position that I know of several people who were always having yearly exams. And they did find something in these people and it didn't help. They thought yearly exams blood test would save their lives it didn't...one doctor went as far as to say. No matt

• Pippin

How did you just 'go to a cardiologist?' Cardiologists are specialists, and you can't get in without seeing your primary care doctor first. And while AT your primary care doctor, he would certainly have done some basic labs, which would have found or ruled out diabetes or leukemia.

• k w

I had palpitations as well, and took mag/phos for it, [ magnesium and phospherous combo ] and the palpitations just stopped in less than a minute after the 1st dosage, after that I made sure I took minerals and never again had any palpitations......

• Andy C

There is no blood test for anxiety. Only for possible physical problems.

Go to your regular doctor for a blood test. One is included in the annual physical.

Guess what?

You ARE at elevated risk (in fact, right on track) FOR diabetes II, heart disease and other metabolism caused problems.

Most heart disease is preventable and nearly ALL diabetes II is preventable and even initially reversible.

All you have to do is stop consuming the poison that is causing it: fructose w/o fiber.

This comes from regularly consuming sugar, HFCS, honey, nectar, juice, molasses, maple syrup and white flour products (most breads, crackers and pastas).

Seriously.

And if you are fat, you will lose most of it.

And any IBS will get drastically better or disappear.

Same thing goes for acne and most eating disorders.

Source(s): Read if you want to lose ALL of the fat. PERMANENTLY. "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D.
    • Pippin

There is no WAY the doctor would have ordered all the costly tests without first doing some routine labs. So this doesn't ring true at all.

Being afraid and worrying isn't going to change the truth.  Knowing you DON'T have a medical issue should help lower your anxiety.  Knowing you DO will enable you to get treatment.  

I would strongly encourage you to start by getting help for your anxiety.  A cognitive behavioral therapist who specializes in anxiety would be a good first step.  Your GP doctor can also look at getting you an adult physical exam with a full blood panel and discuss options for medication for your anxiety, if it is appropriate.

The reality is that rare diseases are rare.  It is very unlikely that you have diabetes, heart disease, liver or kidney problems, cancer, or even high cholesterol at age 25.  

So you are going to allow that fear to avoid early detection of a potentially life-threatening condition, that in the early stages is treatable? That makes a lot of sense. Good luck with that.