promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 8 months ago

Is a 146 to 150 mmol/l abnormally high blood sugar levels after eating 2 hours ago?

I ate a lot of sugary junk junk, around 150g of sugar. I feel a little off as i ate too much. Is my blood sugar fine or bad?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

In people without diabetes, the normal postprandial glucose range is less than 140 mg/dl (7.8 mmol/l). For people with diabetes, the American Diabetes Association recommends a postprandial glucose target of less than 180 mg/dl (10.0 mmol/l).

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

i would ask your doctor or pharmacist about it

• 8 months ago

No, it is not abnormally high but if you keep doing that you may find yourself developing Insulin resistance or Type II Diabetesif you haven't already.

• 8 months ago

That’s high, it is should always be under 100.

Don’t worry yet though. Go to your Dr. and request bloodwork. They will usually tell you to fast 12 hours before you get it done. It takes a week or so for the results.

• ...Show all comments
    • micksmixxx
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

@RICHARD.  That information is incorrect, sir.  Even non-diabetics can have a blood glucose level of up to 140 mg/dL (milligrams per deciLiter) 2 hours after eating.

Fasting should be for 8 hours, NOT 12 hours.  I suggest you ask your doctor when s/he last updated their knowledge.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Craving Sugary food can be a prelude to Diabeties believe it or not

My Wife took a craving for bread and jam once

A few weeks later, she was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabeties

There but for the Grace of God go I

I love Chocolate !!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.