Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 months ago

Science says children inherit most of their intelligence from their mothers' side of the family. Does that mean men should seek out smart?

women?

Favorite Answer

thats up to them who they seek out

I've taught kids in Thailand for 3 years now and I can say the girls are always smarter. Any class, any day.

The mom casually passed me her phone showing her girl on a booster chair playing Bach at the piano. She speaks Thai, English and is learning Chinese.

The boys like to eat their books and sit under the table.

I taught a class today. The girl finished the questions and answers in full sentences then continued to other pages before we go to it. She then helped everyone in the class by translating from English into Thai and finished the project herself. The boy sat there looking at football results on the computer.

I teach another class: The girl came 10 minutes early. Did all the tasks before the lesson had started and then said 'can I play lego now?' There are two boys. One boy screams lays on the floor and hits other kids. The other is much better but still cannot keep up with the girls.

• Elana

Is this question a product of "Science"? Do you have a parrot named "science"?

Science says no such thing because science doesn't "say". You might have some studies showing this, and I'd love to see pointers to them.

Again, don't believe everything you read.

• Bill

I actually researched this claim once. The claim started off on a site called Psychology Spot that used Cosmopolitan as one of their sources. lol

• Fred

Is that true as my ex-wife was no Einstein. My poor daughters.

If they want to have children, then maybe, but in today’s world, a combination of physical attractiveness and social status can lead to better life outcomes than those of intelligent people.

• Zirp

"Science says children inherit most of their intelligence from their mothers' side of the family"

no it doesn't say that at all. NEXT!

• y

Science, at least real science, does not make that claim at all. What passes off as science now days may, but that isn't real science.

Regardless of anything else, tying yourself to a smart partner is always a good idea.