Will my car insurance go up if it is not my fault?

I got involved in a minor fender bender but she doesn’t have insurance and I do. She now refuses to pay even though she wrote a written statement and signed it and she already has multiple charges on her driving record. I am planning to take her to small claims court. The problem is, my dad (I’m 20 so I can do this... show more I got involved in a minor fender bender but she doesn’t have insurance and I do. She now refuses to pay even though she wrote a written statement and signed it and she already has multiple charges on her driving record. I am planning to take her to small claims court. The problem is, my dad (I’m 20 so I can do this on my own) won’t let me use insurance because he’s afraid our insurance will go up. The lady doesn’t even have insurance which will make me claim a bit at fault claim with my insurance and that would make my insurance rate go up. When I take her to court, will this make me look bad that I did not use my insurance? Or will my explanation that me fearing my insurance rate will go up be alright? I just want the defendant to pay back for what’s she’s done and promised to do.
16 answers 16