M asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 4 months ago

Why do teens get pregnant ?

My sister was watching 16 And Pregnant I have no idea why she watches this if this show is the reason why she doesn't want kids she doesn't want that to happen to her and her boyfriend but theyre adults theyre not stupid teenagers. She's on birth control she couldn't handle having a baby if she cant handle having an IUD put in she wouldn't be able to have a baby. There's one girl she was watching who was like her that also had a hard time doing it. I don't get what anyone watches this stuff. Nothing but drama. Half those girls can't even talk without arguing with they're mom and boyfriend every 10 minutes. My husband use to watch this show I'm glad he don't anymore now my sister likes it. I think they do it anymore just because they think they can get on TV. Even being on a TV reality show still doesn't help with all the drama. What's the real reason teens get pregnant ?

Favorite Answer

They gov will fully support them so they don't have to get a job, can drop out of school, party and the like and mommy and daddy will also take care of the child so they teen doesn't have to do anything

There should be NO gov support what so ever for teens who get knocked up and they need ot get an abortion or give it up for adoption 

• John P

The simplest answer is that their hormones are racing, their bodies are ready for sex, so they have sex. You could enlarge that a bit by saying that sex and pregnancy education is some countries is not adequate, and does not start early enough.

According to my research, it’s a disease. I believe it is called pregnaciosis

Source(s): Karen
  • John P

Because they enjoy the moments of having sex without thinking of precautions, and fail to think of the consequences.

Also, possibly, because some of their schools fail them miserably in the way of sex education, and because they listen to myths told by friends about how they will not get pregnant if they have sex in certain positions, or use the pull-out method, etc.

< Why do teens get pregnant >

Tab A gets in Slot B is the short answer.

Read the pregnancy section here - scenario after scenario of teens playing games with conception despite unlimited information about birth control at their fingertips on the internet.

It depends on the situation, some of these teenagers may have been either abused during childhood or they've been spoiled by their parents. Some of them may have even been raped and had gotten pregnant and they go through with the pregnancy because they think abortion is murder. They might have also not gotten proper sex education and are having sex because everyone else is doing it and they want to fit in.

Having sex is the reason teens get pregnant - same way every other female on earth can possibly become pregnant.

And some people like those dramatic reality shows. I have no idea why. Seems like they'd be a cause of distress to me? I'd rather watch something more positive.

• Amelia

Some people just get unlucky. The teens that are careless with birth control though lack an understanding that it's not all about them. They think they can live with the consequences. It doesn't occur to them that there are extreme consequences for their parents and children as well, and that it's highly unfair for them to ignore those.

• edward

A couple seasons on that show and you’re set for life

Why? Because they have sex without using birth control or if they do use birth control, they are unlucky.

1. Checks

2. Lack of control.