Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 8 months ago

Will you become vegetarian to help battle climate change?

The short answer: yes.

The long answer: I love meat and I have been thinking about becoming a vegetarian for a couple of decades now for other reasons, like health and ethics (I am struggling to justify the killing of animals for food (when there is no need to eat meat these days) Conditions at home don't allow me to go vegetarian, but we did replace some of the beef with lamb (and goat) for the purpose of reducing my carbon footprint a little..

I already am a vegetarian and I don't recommend it. It wont make a fart of difference to the climate and you have to eat poor food when you go out. As for killing animals, that is not nice but would they be better never to have been born. If they had a choice what would they choose?

• zipper

There is no way being a vegetarian will reduce green house gas and climate change, in fact it may be to late to stop it at all.

I would fart far more than any cow on if I only ate veg, it would be defeating the object. were as if I continue to eat beef, there will be less cows in the world to add to the climate problem.:-P

Yes I will consider to do so

In order for any change in human behavior and fossil fuel consumption to make an impact on the climate, everyone in the whole wide world must cooperate. Otherwise it makes no difference.

If we all cannot agree on world peace, how on earth are you going to get everyone on earth to stop eating meat? Newsflash: impossible.

• JimZ

I increase my vegetable intake for my health. It has nothing to do with the climate. A bit of meat is healthy for a balanced diet. An all vegetarian diet has some serious health issues and it won't change the climate in any measurable way. It is just virtue signalling.

• Spin

Absolutely yes.............

• Mr. P

No, but am going to be buried when I die rather than be cremated to reduce my carbon footprint - saves on gas.

• Cowboy

Rather than worry about what you eat, concern yourself with how you vote - republicans are killing the planet - so who ya gonna call??

no, i gotta draw the line on what I'm willing to do somewhere