Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 10 months ago

How do I deal with a crush on a teacher?

there’s this new teacher at my school and he’s so attractive. he’s basically this supply teacher and he just covers other teachers lessons. I had him as a supply for my art class on Monday and i literally got so nervous and kept overthinking everything i did. my friend was smiling at me the entire lesson because she knew i fancied him. throughout the whole lesson he kept looking at me and it made me really nervous. whenever i walk past him in the corridors he always looks at me too. then yesterday, i was lining up for one of my classes and he was covering he class that was next to me. when i looked behind me and he was just looking at me and i didn’t know what to do so i just turned back around so he wouldn’t think i was looking back. there was loads of other people in the corridor so idk why he was looking at me. anyway, i went into lesson and my teacher told me to get something from the room that the teacher i have a crush on was teaching in. it was a computer room he was teaching in so luckily no one was staring at me or anything.. I walked in and he just looked at me and i couldn’t bring myself to speak so i just got what my teacher needed and went back to my class. i was so embarrassed and wanted to die. that same lesson my teacher send me and 2 others to go back to that classroom to print off some stuff and i was just so nervous. there’s 100s if staff in the school but i keep being put in situations where im near him.

• B

it is normal to have a crush on a teacher, because your feelings are being formed and your emotional character is taking shape at your age. consider it normal. but to interfere with a teacher's family or the teacher's emotions is not right, so backoff.

It's perfectly normal to have a crush like this. Guys your age are pretty grubby and annoying. Then there's this mature, attractive guy who is paid to be nice to you. The important thing is that you not get carried away thinking there's any chance of a romantic relationship. He looks at you because he knows you have a crush. The male high school teachers I know are terrified that the girls with a crush will get vindictive and accuse them of molesting the girl. They're careful to keep their classroom doors open at all times, and not spend time alone with kids with a crush.

• RP

Your situation is much more normal than you think. Let's face it... outside of parents, teachers are the primary role models for the young and one unintended consequence of being a role model is that they are easy to fall in love with or find ourselves crushing on them. Given that, there is nothing wrong with having a crush on a teacher, but that means recognizing that the crush cannot be acted upon, especially for those at or near puberty when hormones and other development changes may tempt them to be more foolish than is prudent or appropriate. Deal with your rush by recognizing what you are subject to and be thankful you have a teacher who is so special to you, but never let your admiration turn into action and don't let normal nervousness get the best of you. That's one way to avoid getting yourself into trouble and sparing the teacher the very difficult challenge of handling student admiration.

I had a crush on a helper teacher in primary school. I'm talking when I was like 8 years old. Lmao Her figure was <3. Probably still is.. she seemed like the type to reach her 40s and still try to look fit. She must have been like late 20s at the time.