Why hasnt the United states Government Ban cars and use motor scooters trains buses bikes planes for public Transportation?

• Fred

Because Americans are spoiled with low gas prices so keep driving those stupid trucks and large cars. They do not care how much carbon dioxide they produce and how much it is heating up the planet, only worrying how good they look in their oversized truck or flash car.

Small engines like motor scooter engines are not clean running and are exempt from the things like catalytic converters cars must have to turn the noxious carbon monoxide into more harmless carbon dioxide. Apparently most motor scooters are quite polluting.

For city commuting maybe they should have a 1000cc engine capacity limit so way less pollution is made as no one needs 300 to 400hp for city driving. 75hp is ample. It amazes me how many people buy a big 6 cylinder or V8 and then putter from traffic light to traffic light slowly in city traffic. I think there should be a $2,000 registration fee for cars over 2 litres engine capacity if they are mainly only driven in cities. It is ridiculous to see moms driving their kids to school in something like a V8 Range rover that has never ever been used for country driving where it might be used for 4WD driving. People like that are just showing off and their kids nearly need a ladder to get in the things. Slug the owners a $2,000 a year showing off tax.

• Anon2 months agoReport

Some HAVE to drive  big V8 truck to pull a trailer or load. Not most, no.But, cant discriminate/profile. Lawsuits would cost much more than the $2k per driver would bring in.

Going to church of choice means a 200 mile round trip- no bus route available that will do it in 4 hours travel time like car. Sometimes use motorcycle. used to work night shift- public transport buses stopped running a hour before I would wake up to get to work or when working second shift wouldn't be able to get home . government ban? Government has 'banned' drugs like cocaine, heroin and how is that working out?

weather. You must be writing this question on a sunny day. Try rain, snow ,sleet, hail, hurricane. You would not have asked.

• Dimo

Why we don't used pedal bicycles / motor scooters / motorcycles -- WEATHER. Hot, cold, wet, yuck!

Public transportation -- expensive, slow, you need to walk to the public transportation. In the WEATHER.

Private vehicles are too usable for any government to ban.

Even it you were Dictator for Life you could not ban automobiles -- you would be assassinated for trying.

• Anon2 months agoReport

Public trans Actually very cheap--no maintenance,insurance, interest, payments. I pay 75 cents per way, up to 3 transfers. Free shuttle to Desert Diamond in Sauhrita.

Yuck i hate taking the bus. I was on the bus once and some kid threw up. There are so many germs on the bus no thank you. Scooters are not safe i don t want some drunk or high lunatic ramming into me and killing me. Planes pollute alot more then cars. I rather drive a cheap eocnobox then take the bus or scooter.

Because the US is huge compared to anything in Europe and a scooter can not transport a family of 6

• don r

Because that would just make NO sense.

Because we're a free country and you can kiss my butt.

• Jay

because there is still a tiny sliver of logic in lawmakers

• Kyle

cars aren't designed to kill. guns are.

• P & W2 months agoReport

Even the old  automatics(":machine guns") Ive fired are retired.One from  WWI.