Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 5 months ago

Everything in Star Trek is 100 percent true?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes absolutely. I can honestly say that it is as true

as the news media.

• Anon5 months agoReport

More True than the News..

• Betty
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No....it's 100% fantasy.

• 5 months ago

No.They even sidestep the extreme G-forces produced from going from zero to several times times light speed with a "anti-accelerator" that works automatically.

But, with Quantum Mechanics, more things look possible.

• 5 months ago

No, it isn't. At least not yet.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Firefly is true... Trek not so much.

• 5 months ago

It's true...... ....my space ship for example.......also uses Dilanthium crystals.

• 5 months ago

I dated a girl who was a production assistant on The Next Generation. She said they came up with the names of new aliens by looking at real names of people in the phone book.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No, it is not true. That is why it is called science fiction.

• 5 months ago

Not not really. There is very little science in the Star Trek episodes. Let's just tick off a few of the not-science science.

First, the Enterprises (all of them). No such thing a warp drive and no real science that can envision it in the far far future.

Worm holes and other space warps cannot be predicted and/or controlled...even though warped space, like gravity lenses and black holes, do exist. No worm holes have ever been observed and they are predicted to be very very tiny if they do exist. Hardly starship size.

Second, "beam me up Scotty." No such thing as teleportation and no real science that can envision it in the far far future.

Although a form of teleportation has been claimed at the quantum level, the results of such teleportation include to the complete destruction of the original quantum. The original Kirk would be zapped so to speak. Further, quantum jitters preclude the precise one to one mapping needed for real teleportation.

Third, save the hump-back whales from the past. No such thing as time travel and no real science that can envision it in the far far future.

Time is defined by on-going events. There is no future as events have not yet begun. There is no past as those events are finished. The only time when there are on-going events is current time...the present. Further, going into the past would require that the entropy of the universe be lowered. And that's not going to happen as the Second Law of thermodynamics, the entropy law, dictates.

• ...Show all comments
    • oldprof
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I am amused by the down thumbs. It seems the Trekkies have had their bubbles busted by my answer. If you Trekkies would like a detailed answer for each of the points I made here, please ask the question, one question per point, and I'll be happy to answer along with sources so you can read them.

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Yes, it is all true. Resistance is futile.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.