Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 10 months ago

How can I get my privacy back???

Whenever anyone googles my phone#, not only my name shows up but my current address and previous addresses show up also! They don't even have to pay for this info.

So how can I get them to take them down???? I want my privacy back!

If they haven't made you 12 or 15 years older and show addresses where you have never lived, consider yourself lucky.

The kind of privacy you are asking for hasn't existed for more than a decade and isn't likely to ever exist again.

Even if you get Google to stop showing it, someone who knows how may be able to find the information that used to show. If you really want to make it impossible to find your information from your phone number, you should consider getting different phone number. Perhaps even consider buying a prepaid phone anonymously.

• Pam

Welcome to the well exposed world of the internet. It's a nightnare and a blessing. We are all in that boat with no idea how to get it removed.

• Judy

Won't happen.

Depends on where you are located...in the USA...not much you can do.

Wouldn't it only be people who know your number who could look you up though? I mean, tons of information is very easily available these days, not sure what protections you expect...whether free or paid.

Dude, it's been like that for literally 3 decades, what's the big deal? Most of that info is out of date, as you mentioned.

When I googled my name I found tons of stuff from me AND from the lady who married my cousin (she has the same first and last name), but it's never been an issue.

None of that info can be 'removed'. And FYI - cell phone numbers are not posted anywhere, they change too often. Drop your land line if you're that paranoid.

• y

And you phone numbers is?