Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

Can you get mono the very next day after making out or does it take a while to feel the symptoms?

I'm a virgin and the very next day after making out with a girl (whos also a virgin)my throat became sore. Should I be worried that its mono or something

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The incubation period—the time it takes symptoms to appear after a person becomes infected with the virus—can be 4 to 6 weeks. Symptoms of mononucleosis usually last for 1 to 4 weeks, but it might take as long as 2 months before you feel well enough to resume all of your normal activities.

• 2 months ago

Infectious mononucleosis is a disease characterized by fever, sore throat, and enlarged lymph nodes, which is caused by Epstein- Barr virus-- one of the herpes viruses. In adolescents it may or may not produce symptoms. However,, the usual time between infection and the appearance of symptoms( incubation period) is thought  to be 30- 50 days = to 1 month-21/2 months.. So you can NOT be ill from mono this fast however another condition may be in progress to cause you to have a sore throat.

Source(s): nurse
  • 2 months ago

Mono takes 4 to 6 weeks.

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Doesn't happen that fast

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

your worried and stressed over nothing

• 2 months ago

Mono takes weeks to show symptoms. You could just have a common cold coming on. I wouldn’t blame the girl though, because even after contracting a common cold virus, it takes a few days for the symptoms to appear. If it’s a common cold then you would’ve already had the virus in your system before kissing her BUT, if you have contracted a bacterial infection from her, the symptoms progress quickly and more severely so I’d keep an eye on it. If you develop a fever I would suggest heading to the doctors for antibiotics. You don’t want to mess around with bacterial infextions.

• 2 months ago

at this point, no you should not be worried. its too soon, and there are too many things it could be. Give it some time.

• 2 months ago

The Epstein-Barr virus that causes mono has an incubation period of around 4-7 weeks. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.