promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 8 months ago

Wanting to relocate with no job, help us!?

Hello everyone

Me and my girlfriend want to relocate to Ipswich from London. We have some savings for a few months rent but it seems like no one wants us because we're unemployed. We need help trying to figure this out cause currently we feel stuck and ran out of ideas!

My girlfriend is a Uk citizen and Im a Swedish citizen

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The only way to do this without jobs is to go into bed and breakfast and look for jobs. Ipswich is a small place I know it well and there are not a huge amount of jobs there.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

You're right - no landlord will rent to you unless you can prove you'll be able to continue paying rent.

Look at short term options for accommodation; and get jobs asap.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Get jobs. Why would anyone rent to someone unable to pay rent???

• 8 months ago

First, your gf is a UK citizen moving to another city within UK? She has no problems. She just needs to find a job in Ipswich first, then find an apartment.

As for you, as a Swedish citizen, what's your status in UK and do you have legal authorization to reside & work in UK without restriction. Of course, if you are on employment visa, you can ONLY work for the employer which obtained your employment visa. If you have unrestricted rights to live & work in UK, then you also need to find a job in Ipswich. Then you have the appropriate documentation to meet landlord requirements to rent an apartment/flat.

There is no way around this. Find suitable jobs so that you can afford rent, utilities, all your living expenses, or you cannot get a lease on a place to live!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Of course no landlord will rent to you when you have no earned income, most landlords do not want tenants who fail to pay their rent......... you need to apply for jobs and get jobs before you start looking for a rental

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.