Your boyfriend or girlfriend leaves you because you spend all your time playing a video game? Is it time to get some help?

Okay, so your boyfriend or girlfriend leaves you because you spend all your time playing a video game. It is gotten so out of control from the minute you get home you throw everything down and run to turn on the computer to play it, you play for 4hrs and when it is time for bed you argue with your boyfriend or girlfriend about not going to bed because you want to play the game. When you do go to bed you sleep with the game in your hand like a teddy bear. They says if you don't stop playing? I am going go leave you, so you say whatever and says good by and packs their bags and leaves and never comes back. You say to yourself while holding the game finally we can be alone together just me and you and no one will stop me playing with you. So you continue to play the game. You have spent 50 dollars on DLC for the game so you can have everything. Do you think it is time to get some help?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Best answer

Probably. Video game addiction is a real thing and if your partner leaves you for it you should definitely seek help. If you still aren't sure about whether an addiction or not, try speaking to family and friends. They can help, and if you're super addicted try not to go cold turkey right away.

• 2 months ago

Well they should never make you choose between them and something. But you should pay more attention to them if you like them. Also instead of snuggling up with your controller why don't you do it with them instead make them feel appreciated. When you guys get home, spend some time to get to know them better have some meaningful conversations instead of staring at a screen. Let alone for 4 hours, time's precious, each moment's a gift so spend it with them because you don't know the last time you get to also maybe spend your money on something more important instead of a game. Some people can't even afford a bite to eat.

• cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

• 3 months ago

Depends on your girlfriend maybe shes just crazy lol

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Games relieve stress, anxiety and increase decisiveness. Playing for 4 hours is okay and normal.

• 3 months ago

I have a girlfriend? Why did nobody inform me about this??

• Mikey
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Yes, its time to find a new boyfriend/girlfriend.

• y
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Gaming, all this electronic BS, has been found to alter brain chemistry in the same manner that addiction does. Which means, the same methods used in treating addictions need to be used in this case also. An addict has to bottom out in some manner before they want help. That help sort of needs to be readily available at the time it is needed or the addict will simply use again. The threat of leaving an addict rarely alters behaviors. They just bury the lost by using.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

What sad lives some people live.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Nah, you're good.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.