Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 10 months ago

Leaving Car at Airport?

I'm leaving Wednesday and coming back Monday, I am leaving my car at the airport..the temps here in NY vary from the 60's-70's and then down to the 40's-30's at night..my battery is about a year old, car starts up fine, no ongoing problems..should I be ok or will I come home to a dead car?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

It shouldn't be a problem. The airport usually has courtesy service vehicles to help with jump starts, lockouts, etc.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Even if you have a weak battery and goes dead, Airport security can jump you and your alternator will charge it by the time you get home.  No worries, but eventually you might want to think about getting a new battery soon if that happens or you can really get stranded.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

It won't be an issue as long as you don't leave any lights on or anything like that...

• 10 months ago

It'll be fine, just remember to switch everything off before you go. In any case, at every airport parking facility I've been to they have jump packs etc. to help customers who need them. You won't.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jake
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

as long as its in a garage but if its outdoors dont bother

• 10 months ago

Yes it’s a good idea , saves time and is efficient

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

If you leave your car sitting at home for four days does it still start and run? Why should it be any different when left at an airport for that same amount of time?

• Bob
      Lv 5
      10 months agoReport

But jetfuel melts steel beams!

• 10 months ago

If you’re so worried, can’t you park in a multi-level parking lot so that there’s some sort of shelter to kind of keep the temperature from changing too much. 

• Bob
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

It'll be fine. Just don't leave your dog in the car.

• 10 months ago

You will be OK. To put your mind at ease, check with airport management. They will have vehicles available to jump start anyone in that situation.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.