My fasting blood sugar today was 104?

Is that high for a diabetic? Two weeks ago it was 91 is that to low?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

That is normal.

• 2 months ago

Normal blood sugar levels

Fasting blood sugar level: 70-110 mg/dl

Postprandial blood sugar level (after 2 hrs of meal): 80-140 mg/dl

Blood sugar levels in prediabetics (impaired glucose tolerance)

Fasting blood sugar level: 111-125 mg/dl

Postprandial blood sugar level: 141-199 mg/dl

Blood sugar levels in diabetics

Fasting blood sugar level: 126 mg/dl or more

Postprandial blood sugar level: 200 mg/dl or more

• 2 months ago

WHO criteria: fasting plasma glucose level from 6.1 mmol/l (110 mg/dL) to 6.9 mmol/l (125 mg/dL) indicates that you have no diabetes mellitus.

Diabetes is diagnosed with the following blood tests:--

Fasting blood glucose level -- diabetes is diagnosed if it is higher than 126 mg/dL two times

Random (nonfasting) blood glucose level -- you may have diabetes if it is higher than 200 mg/dL, and you have symptoms such as increased thirst, urination, and fatigue (this must be confirmed with a fasting test)

Oral glucose tolerance test -- diabetes is diagnosed if the glucose level is higher than 200 mg/dL after 2 hours

Hemoglobin A1c test

Normal: Less than 5.7%

Pre-diabetes: Between 5.7% and 6.4%

Diabetes: 6.5% or higher

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If this is not a troll question then you need to get some education about diabetes. 104 is a good number, something I'd like to see a lot of for myself.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

91 is too lowwww

• micksmixxx
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

@thiccy.  Don't be so ridiculous.  If you don't know what constitutes relevant blood sugar (glucose) levels then you should keep your misinformed opinions to yourself.

• 2 months ago

AM or random?

Morning blood sugars tend to be higher because the body is just coming off of its maintenance schedule - which kicks in as your body begins its time of prolonged inactivity (sleep). 

Maintenance requires a lot of energy and the brain provides this by having the liver produce more sugar. Usually, this results in more than what is needed, and the excess shows up as a higher reading in the morning.It's commonly called "the Dawn Phenomenon".As suggested by someone else, this is far from a concerning issue, so there's nothing to worry about. I just thought you might be interested in the cause of higher morning blood sugar readings as opposed to readings after you've been active.

• 2 months ago

100 is considered normal. Low would be 70 or less. High would be 200 or higher. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.