Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 months ago

What is the smallest, most innocuous thing that has completely changed your life?

I’m now 33 but when I was a small kid, I used to hate waking up for school (partly because I hated the sheer drudgery to come) and my mum knew this, and I remember that when she’d come to wake me up she used to turn the bedroom door handle very softly and open the door slowly and quietly so that I wasn’t woken abruptly. It was a small thing and probably wouldn’t have amounted to much if she hadn’t, but it was the caring intent that stood out to me. Every time I hear about people without stable homes or upbringings, I think this example illustrates the kind of thing they didn’t have. It’s a kind of gratitude anchor for me. Again, not the gesture as much as the intent behind the gesture.

My kitty........she was so small when I got her......like a handful of fluff........and now I can't imagine not having her around.