promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

my daughter is 5 and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes?

my 5 year old daughter was diagnosed type 1 diabetic 2 months ago, i have been told i could apply for DLA to help her however i have tried searching this and have seen so many different answers so was wondering if anyone on here could help with the answer?

we live in england

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

Ignore the naysayers, ma'am, and take a look at the following webpage.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

DLA? Diabetes is not a disability, except for inthe pancreas.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Sorry but I don't see this as a disability, millions live with it including children. You are there to manage her condition. Theresa May has it and she was PM for years. Members of my family have it.Your daughter will lead a normal life, she does not want to be labelled disabled for the rest of her life.

UK.

• ...Show all comments
    • meg9 months agoReport

DLA was created for children with disabilities who require personal care or mobility needs. This girl needs 24/7 supervision. Hypoglycaemic, vision problems etc. are all real problems. You’re very ignorant. Let’s hope that no ones treats you in such a way if you were to ever need any money.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

There’s a benefits calculator on the gov.uk website (or google benefits calculator that’s how my cousin applied for universal credit) that very likely deals with DLA also. Could also try citizens advice or something along those lines.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Apart from the regular injections, what other demands does her condition require?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.