my daughter is 5 and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes?

my 5 year old daughter was diagnosed type 1 diabetic 2 months ago, i have been told i could apply for DLA to help her however i have tried searching this and have seen so many different answers so was wondering if anyone on here could help with the answer?

we live in england

Ignore the naysayers, ma'am, and take a look at the following webpage.

• Andy C

DLA? Diabetes is not a disability, except for inthe pancreas.

• Tavy

Sorry but I don't see this as a disability, millions live with it including children. You are there to manage her condition. Theresa May has it and she was PM for years. Members of my family have it.Your daughter will lead a normal life, she does not want to be labelled disabled for the rest of her life.

UK.

• meg9 months agoReport

DLA was created for children with disabilities who require personal care or mobility needs. This girl needs 24/7 supervision. Hypoglycaemic, vision problems etc. are all real problems. You’re very ignorant. Let’s hope that no ones treats you in such a way if you were to ever need any money.

There’s a benefits calculator on the gov.uk website (or google benefits calculator that’s how my cousin applied for universal credit) that very likely deals with DLA also. Could also try citizens advice or something along those lines.

Apart from the regular injections, what other demands does her condition require?