Is there really hell. Because I was taught that hell is a burning place when you are bad?

• viola
    1 year ago

Hell is nothing more than the common grave. The Bible says at Acts 2:31 that Jesus was in Hell please read it. It says He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

• Al
    1 year ago

So much is lost in translation of languages, in general, the concept is an invention of the Church in the way western Christianity accepts it as truth, as a NDE survivor myself, I never experienced that, but what I did experience is complete love and acceptance, my experience tells me that hell is an invention of the ego mind to idolize the world of the body and hold on to it, the words in the Bible are very symbolic in nature to describe things in an animated way.

• 1 year ago

People have told a lot of lies about hell. That's why the Roman Catholics felt like they had to invent Purgatory to restore God's righteousness, love, mercy, and justice.

Yes, there is a hell, and it shall exist until the last resurrection finishes. Rev. 20:12-14 shows that death and hell must both be emptied and destroyed so that the resurrections and final judgment can take place. There is only finite punishment for finite sin. God's love, justice, and mercy are all intact.

• 1 year ago

hell is for bad deeds people and heaven is for good deeds people. YESS

• 1 year ago

Hell is the grave and it is done away with, see Revelation 20:14 KJV; NWT.

• 1 year ago

There is ZERO objective evidence that it exists, but for some people it is a matter of FAITH that it exists.

• 1 year ago

Much confusion exists about hell, largely due to Catholic Dante's "Inferno" (early 1300s). He borrowed beliefs about hell from Islam and Zoroastrianism to write his epic bit of philosophical poetry. Graphic illustrations about hell are based on that and NOT from what the Bible says.

More confusion exists with the story being spread about that the Bible words that are usually translated 'hell' actually mean the grave. Well, in ancient Hebrew, there is a word for grave / graves and that is qe'ver. Sheol is the Hebrew word for what lies beyond the grave, with qe'ver being the entrance into it. Corpses are laid in the grave, but the spiritual part of the person goes on into sheol where there are two 'compartments' where the departed spirits wait until the future Day of Judgment and Resurrection.Ecclesiastes 12 speaks of the spirit returning to God who gave it (at death) and God judging how people have lived in the body. The OT book of Daniel says, "Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake; some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt (12:2). Job said "I know that my Redeemer lives and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God (19:25-27). That speaks of the resurrection, and for heaven read Psalm 16:9-11; 41:12.

Jesus spoke clearly about the need to avoid hell, whatever that takes. Read what he said about a rich man dying and finding himself in torments in hell - Luke 16, second half. Also read His words in Matthew 5:21-30; 10:26-28; 18:7-9; Revelation 20:7-15. Hell is for satan and his hordes, and all who make him their spiritual 'father'. See John 8:44. All who refuse to be delivered from the deceptive grip of satan by receiving God's free gift of pardon due to what Jesus did will end up in hell. Don't dwell on what form the torments take - dwell on whether you have done what God says you must do to avoid that - bend your knee in Jesus' name, in faith.

1 year ago

Some Bible translations use the word “hell” for the Hebrew word “Sheol” and the matching Greek word “Hades,” both of which refer to the common grave of mankind. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:​27) Many people believe in a fiery hell, as shown in the religious artwork accompanying this article. However, the Bible teaches otherwise.

Those in hell are unconscious and so cannot feel pain. “There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol.”​—Ecclesiastes 9:​10.

Good people go to hell. The faithful men Jacob and Job expected to go there.​—Genesis 37:35; Job 14:13.

Death, not torment in a fiery hell, is the penalty for sin. “He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.”​—Romans 6:7.

Eternal torment would violate God’s justice. (Deuteronomy 32:4 When the first man, Adam, sinned, God told him that his punishment would simply be to pass out of existence: “Dust you are and to dust you will return.” Genesis 3:​19 God would have been lying if he were actually sending Adam to a fiery hell

• Carym
    1 year ago

I gave this answer yesterday, and since it is absolute truth, it's also true now...

According to the Bible, the fires of Hell are NOT symbolic and/or temporal [Matthew 3:12]; [Matthew 18:8]; [Mark 9:43]; [Mark 9:48]. People tend to soften Hell by referring to Sheol, Hades, Gehenna or the Grave---“Let me tell them something they already know but refuse to accept, and that is that these terms are all synonymous---no matter how it's {toe}tagged.

The righteous will be ushered into the final state of glory, while the wicked will be sent to the lake of fire for eternal punishment and torment. [Daniel 12: 2] and [Matthew 25:46] clearly shows us that what is true for one, is also true for the other.

We must not forget that God's law is as true today as it was yesterday and it will be true tomorrow as it is today. As the Psalmist said, “Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of Thy righteous judgements endureth for ever” [Psalm 119:160].

• Steven
    1 year ago

Yes but the bible does not specify what it is. I have heard Jesus say fear Him who can cast you into hell but does not say what it is or does. KJV say in revelation that there is death, hell, and the sea, and that there are dead people in them whatever those words mean.