Alexis asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 year ago

I recently got a yeast infection and heard that hydrogen peroxide helps so I sprayed some on a q-tip and swiped down there but now it burns.?

Is this normal?

• ?
    1 year ago

No kidding. Peroxide burns! You can get over the counter remedies at your local Walgreen, Rite Aid, Walmart, etc

• 1 year ago

You probably need diflucan- go see a doc.

Source(s): nurse
  • MissA
    1 year ago

You rub caustic chemicals on your sensitive tissues and it's going to hurt.

Maybe don't be so dumb in the future and just go buy real medicine.

• D_21
    1 year ago

Even though hydrogen peroxide apparently occurs naturally in the vagina I do not recommend putting the concentrated store bought stuff in there undiluted. Dilute it with water.

Thus since you put some in there on a q-tip.....flush it out with water. Rinse!

Why don't you just by a yeast treatment from the pharmacy? They're usually sold near the tampons and condoms.

• Eva
    1 year ago

I don't know where you heard that, but it's wrong. Hydrogen peroxide applied to any open wound or mucus membranes will burn. Don't use it again. Go to the store and get some Monistat.