promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Elizabeth asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 months ago

Best way to wash your hair with a broken foot/ankle?

I broke my foot about a month ago. I can t bear any weight on it yet. I ve figured out cleaning myself but still haven t figured out my hair. I have access to a cramped half bathroom but my hair is too long and thick to get it in the small sink. I ve been going to a local hair salon but I can t get up the steps. Any ideas? TIA

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Get a shower seat. These chairs are available at most larger drug stores and basic no-frills models are inexpensive. It will make your life so much easier and with less stress on your broken ankle it will heal faster. And you can have real showers instead of sponge baths at the sink -plus you can easily wash your hair while seated. With a doctor's note it can be paid for by insurance or it can be used as a tax deduction.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

When my mother had a MS attack, her balance and coordination was not good so I got her a shower seat. I was concerned that she would slip and hurt herself.

I got the shower seat at Walmart.

• -
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Put a plastic chair in the shower

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

just chop off your hair or shave your head and wear a wig and then you wont have to deal with it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • patty
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

bend your head over in the small sink and use a bucket etc to wet our hair and to rinse it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.