Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 5 months ago

What should I do if I have to travel overseas for school and I don't have a passport?

The drama club at my high school is going to Scotland to perform at some venues. However I was just notified of this and I don't have a passport and I have never left the U.S.. So it is coming up really soon and how am i supposed to perform in Scotland if I can't leave the U.S. without a passport?

• KJC

You will probably not be able to do it unless you can hurry and get an expedited one.

• Rico

Apply for one, and pay for priority processing if needed

Possible to get passport quickly - depends how much you want it.

You don't know what to do? And you are supposed to be the future? If you have to travel overseas the only option is to get a passport. Otherwise you are going to be staying at home.

• Fawkes5 months agoReport

You don't have to be so snarky Jennifer, jeez. She's just a kid. Relax take a deep calming breath and repeat after me, "The universe doesn't revolve around me". Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

You can expedite the passport. There is a fee for that. I suggest you find out when the trip is and also find out how long it is taking the government to process passports. Hopefully you will have enough time so as not to have to pay for an expedite fee.

There is no option for overseas international travel. Your school must be really unorganised if they have not checked those travelling have the correct documents??

You should apply now, it takes at least 5 weeks, expedited in 2 weeks.

You see what your options are to get a passport at short notice (there are same-day appointments - they obviously cost more than a standard application)

Or obviously you stay in the US

i would talk to immigration about it, you can expedite passports and pay extra to get them faster

you can pay them more to get it done faster

• Mark

You can get an expedited one, but it will cost you more.