Should my friends technically pay me back when they bail out of concerts, gigs etc?

I can’t believe I’m actually having to write this! But I am so sick of friends letting me down last minute. Three times in the last month, we have booked events and I have paid more than $30 for them. My friends have cancelled last minute and I have lost that money. It gets better! I booked tickets for a gig ($50... show more I can’t believe I’m actually having to write this! But I am so sick of friends letting me down last minute.

Three times in the last month, we have booked events and I have paid more than $30 for them. My friends have cancelled last minute and I have lost that money.

It gets better! I booked tickets for a gig ($50 each) and my friend cancelled last minute. I told her I would try and sell the tickets, but if I couldn’t she would have to still pay me for her ticket. She has point blank refused because she has said she’s doesn’t think she should have to pay for something she can’t go to... even though she agreed to go with me when we got the tickets!!!

I am at that stage where I will not book anything with anyone if there is only 3 or less of us. It’s becoming a joke. I have lost getting on for $200 because people cancel last minute and won’t pay me when I’ve lost money. Am I in the right?