Builder yelled at me for parking over MY drive?

I live in an end-of-terrace house and the house on the corner of the next street are making flats. This has been going on now for 4 months and they're no way complete nor had we been given notice of these works being carried out. Almost every day concrete/wood deliveries are made and lorries park over my drop kerb. I never complain, as I've never had to take my car out at the time of their visits. However, today, I came back from shopping and a lorry was parked over 3 driveways, including mine. I pointed to the driver I needed to get my car onto my drive (they know me and my car now), but he wouldn't move the lorry and in the end I had to drive over 2 of my neighbour's drives to get my car in. When I got out of my car I didn't get one apology and they sat in the lorry cabin with their feet up on the dashboard smoking. I went up to the cabin and said I had trouble getting my car in and that they're parked over my drop kerb. One of the builders yelled, "HOW DO I KNOW WHAT YOU WANTED BY POINTING TO YOUR DRIVEWAY AND DON'T GET ALL LEGAL WITH ME!" Well, it is my drop kerb. I have been back home 2 hours now and the lorry still there whilst they unpack/finish lunch. One of the builders said to me that I should leave a notice up not to park over my drive, but I shouldn't have to as the works as carried out at the road on the corner, so really using my driveway this road is a bonus for them. What do I do?

They ignore "Please don't park here signs" too.

Police call it a 'civil matter', Susie.

• arther

Go and tell the boss you've had enough and not to block your driveway or put any of their stuff on your property due to his workers mouthing off .

its not true the police will do nothing ...people parked over my neighbours drive ..they got nicked ...nobody is allowed to park over a driveway if it has a dropped kerb ...im a builder ..i would not park over someones drive ..they are chancing their arm ...go and see the main man ......get up early and park across your drive

The police will not do a thing if you can't get INTO your property because someone is obstructing your drive, they just say "wait until they've gone".

If you need to get OUT of your property and are unable to do so because it is obstructed they will come and tell the driver to move.

Police may not deal with it. Suggest you try parking control next. The entire planet does not have the same parking rules.

maybe you should leave a notice for them so they dont do that

• Susie

Don’t you have laws?? Most places don’t allow people to block driveways. Call the police.