Why are most teachers critical and blunt?

I like my teacher but she is so tough. She criticizes us on what we do, she told us yesterday, "If your parents ask how you're acting in class, I'm not going to sugarcoat it. You kids are the oldest students I'm the school and you can't even behave properly. Very sad. Those little kids are... show more I like my teacher but she is so tough. She criticizes us on what we do, she told us yesterday, "If your parents ask how you're acting in class, I'm not going to sugarcoat it. You kids are the oldest students I'm the school and you can't even behave properly. Very sad. Those little kids are looking up to you, you let them control you and you're the oldest. What up with that? I'm going to start being hard on you. Don't test me!" 
Jeez she is difficult. She's sweet and fun but damn we don't get away with ****. 
Anybody had a teacher like this. 
I'm in 8th grade. We had tough teacher but she is the toughest I've had so far. She can be harsh sometimes and she don't care about our feelings.