Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 2 months ago

Got mildly hit by a car today. No injuries besides my arm hurting and it's a bit swollen. What to do?

It's been 12 hours. It hurts less now. I can move it and touch it. Touching causes no pain. Should I be worried or should I let it subside on its own? Googling the symptom made me panic. Please give advice.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Got to the ER, not severe trauma because then you get more invasive treatment. Let them know what happened and what you feel. Do not let them snip off all of your clothes. And do the Informed Consent. Know your rights.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

For gosh sake! If you were hit by a car (even mildly), why didn't you immediately go to an ER? You might have broken bones or other injuries that you're not yet aware of.

And then there's the liability issue. If it's determined by medical examination that you've suffered significant injuries, then you can sue the driver of the car for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost wages.

• 2 months ago

Go to the E.R you tub of lard

• 2 months ago

Call your doctor's office. You need to get x-rays which will determine what happens next.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If you have ANY type of an injury from a car accident you need to go in and have it checked immediately. Failing to do so could result in you not being able to get coverage for any bills should the injury prove to be serious. (Regular medical insurance does not cover injuries from car accidences.)

Also you need to document the injury so that if any of the people involved in the accident decide to sue each other, you need something to protect yourself and to document what happened in the accident.

Go and get checked out NOW!!!

• 2 months ago

See doctor, call accident lawyer. Likely ice the swollen parts.

• k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

go to ER and get it examined by a professional, maybe broken bones, maybe not....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.