Why is my computer so slow?

I have an iMac Early 2008 with an Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB of RAM, and a 256 MB Radeon 2600 PRO and the computer is really slow. It’s running Windows 10 because i installed that on it but it’s really really slow it takes 10 minutes to boot (i still have the original hard drive in) and every app takes 3 minutes to open and it is just SO SLOW!!!!! and every game i play is so laggy and unplayable! i don’t know why!!!!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago
    Best answer

It's slow because you haven't yet called Pearl over for a house call to fix your iMac. Everyone in your neighborhood is using your PC at the same time -- which is why it's ruining so slow. So she'll install a solid state drive and quadruple your RAM. Once that is done, she'll charge you only 120 dollars. Your computer will rock once she's worked her magic.

Your whole neighborhood will thank Pearl.

• Robert J
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Don't you mean "Your computer will be a brick once she's worked her magic" - it's had every component broken already so being bricked seems more likely!

• 2 months ago

Its more than 10 years old

• 2 months ago

It may be due to less RAM

• 2 months ago

Because it is 11 years old.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Well, it is an imac, so that is the first problem

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

It's a democRat!!

• 3 months ago

your computer so old and configuration...................is very bad.

• 3 months ago

Your mac is too old. But i believe having it format and reinstall without all those previous crappy program should hasten it. Also it the format doesn't work and it still start up slow. It maybe the ram or HDD issue. Having it fix you may need an expert. Sometime changing part(s) won't solve the problem if the unit is very old.

I do have a laptop which also the asme age as your Mac but it still function although it start up using about 2 and half mins (vista)...

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

maybe everyone in the neighborhood is using it at the same time

• Brian
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Apparently, YOU are too slow to understand the answers you got from asking this question multiple times.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.