Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 10 months ago

Did I gain too much weight too soon during my pregnancy?

I started at 145 pounds before my pregnancy and now I'm at the beginning of 5 months and I weighed in at 154 pounds (which I did eat and drink prior to doctor visit when I got weighed) I'm assuming I weigh 152 or around there.

Favorite Answer

I gained 45 pound total my pregnancy. I was very petite before getting pregnant. I am back to pre-pregnancy weight. And, my son was only 7lbs 4oz. I think you are doing fine with weight gain.

• Tulip

You have asked this enough. Get over yourself

• Jose

Sounds okay thus far. Women normally start really packing on the pounds around the last two months.

That's only 9 pounds, you will gain way more than that the last 3 months.

• Pippin

Your weight gain is fine.  You aren't gaining anywhere near too much.

That's a question to discuss with your ob/gyn.  How much weight  is healthy for a woman gain depends on whether the women is under, healthy, or overweight to begin with, as well as the woman's height.  

It is considered "normal" or "healthy to gain between 2 and four pounds in the first 3 months and then about a pound per week during the second trimester.  That would suggest that a weight gain of 6-8 pounds through month 4 is fine.  Since you are already into your 5th month, a gain of 9-10 pounds seems absolutely fine.

Huh? You know you are going to be pooping out a baby that may be 8 or more pounds, right.

On average a woman should gain 2.5# during the first trimester and 1.5# per week for the remainder of the pregnancy. This would mean that 10# gain at this point in your pregnancy would be normal. It seems like you are right about there...

And stop with the "but I did eat and drink"... yes, we all change sizes throughout the day... don't worry about this amount.

What did your doctor say about your weight?

You know. The trained professional?