Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

Boyfriend hates my pictures.?

Hi, I have been in a serious relationship for 5 years, my boyfriend is good to me but we are quite different, he is full of confidence and I am not. He thinks very highly of himself, at least he pretends because I know he has some insecurities about his body, but he likes to take selfies and then says how handsome he is. Everytime someone takes picture of me he will look at photos and say whats wrong with your face, I dont feel comftorable in front of camera and I dont know how to pose for pictures and sometimes I will take a silly picture of myself and he will not take the joke but will crtitisize my face. And often when we go on some event he will critisize my outfit and tell me I dont know how to dress myself. I know he doesnt find me pretty he likes girls that are really sexy like eva mendes. I dont think I am something special but a lot of people told me I look like julia roberts and a lot of people tell me I am pretty, but I only need my boyfriend to find me pretty, i know he loves me he will do anything for me but sometimes I feel like he is ashamed of my looks even though he is the only one that has something against what i look like.

• Nathan

Tell him how you feel. He needs to know that making you feel bad about yourself isn't okay, and if he doesn't stop then threaten (or do) leave him. That'll make him think

Honestly I'd dump the whole boyfriend. He's being disrespectful and abusive. He doesn't need many brain cells to know that talking you down is horrible. He should be your biggest fan and if he doesn't like how you dress he could suggest options in a kind way.

This is not boyfriend material. He enjoys to put you down. Use your head and realise this.

Why are you even with him?? I would never date a guy who didn't think I was gorgeous.

And your question is...................?

• blank

All due respect - DUMP this narsasstic turd. He has shown that he really thinks little of you, leaving you thinking "I only need my bf to find me pretty."

The only question here is WHY have you put up with his bs for 5 years. YOU deserve someone who will love you, ALL of you, for who you are how you are... now and forever. I feel sorry for you.

• blank

YUP... taking selfies and then commenting how handsome he is? DUMPING on her for her looks. Classic narsasism.